ERP Software for Energy Industry
SCAND created ERP software for the energy industry aimed at automating various processes for the client, connecting different functional modules integrated within one database.
A client from the energy industry ordered the development of an energy ERP system aimed at automating and facilitating various processes held within the enterprise. Requirements to the platform included:
- Ability to register and process large amounts of data from different types of meters;
- Efficient and time-saving way of managing contracts related to different types of market players;
- Comprehensible accounting and billing possibilities;
- Forecasting options;
- High level of customization;
- Maintaining the system up-to-date as it evolves.
The development of a complex energy ERP system required building ~20 modules, including CRM, Billing (Invoicing), Forecasting, Administration, Meter Data Management, Meter Locations Management, Equipment, Tarifs, Portfolio, Accounting, Statistics, Import/Export, System tools, Workflows.
We decided to build a CRM module from scratch instead of using a third-party to ensure deeper integration, higher speed, and customization options.
The solution delivered was integrated with SAP, providing additional strength of streamlining and automating processes.
Over the whole period of the system maintenance that continues up to the present day, our team has utilized several technologies, regularly changing them to more advanced or better-suited ones, ensuring the solution is always up-to-date. All updates to the systems are made only in case of necessity.
- Registration and processing of huge amounts of data coming from electricity and gas meters;
- Document management, including efficient contract management with the ability to make concurrent changes to all contracts related to a particular client;
- Ability to make forecasts;
- Wide accounting and billing options, including the imposition of tariffs under set variables;
- System integrations;
- Real-time asset control;
- TQM/QA processing;
- Compliance and policy management;
- CRM and Sales Management dealing with different types of players: customers, suppliers, carriers, handlers;
- High level of automation achieved through ~90 workflows;
- Advanced planning and scheduling.