A client from the energy industry ordered the development of an ERP system aimed at automating and facilitating various processes held within the enterprise. Requirements to the platform included:
- Ability to register and process large amounts of data from different types of meters;
- Efficient and time-saving way of managing contracts related to different types of market players;
- Comprehensible accounting and billing possibilities;
- Forecasting options;
- High level of customization;
- Maintaining the system up-to-date as it evolves.
The development of a complex ERP system required building ~20 modules, including:
- Billing (Invoicing)
- Meter Data Management
- Meter Locations Management
- System tools
We decided to build a CRM module from scratch instead of using a third-party to ensure deeper integration, higher speed, and customization options.
The solution delivered was integrated with SAP, providing additional strength of streamlining and automating processes.
Over the whole period of the system maintenance that continues up to the present day, our team has utilized several technologies, regularly changing them to more advanced or better-suited ones, ensuring the solution is always up-to-date. All updates to the systems are made only in case of necessity.
The developed ERP system offers a wide range of useful features, including but not limited to:
- Registration and processing of huge amounts of data coming from electricity and gas meters;
- Document management, including efficient contract management with the ability to make concurrent changes to all contracts related to a particular client;
- Ability to make forecasts;
- Wide accounting and billing options, including the imposition of tariffs under set variables;
- System integrations;
- Real-time asset control;
- TQM/QA processing;
- Compliance and policy management;
- CRM and Sales Management dealing with different types of players: customers, suppliers, carriers, handlers;
- High level of automation achieved through ~90 workflows;
- Advanced planning and scheduling.
SCAND team created a solution that allows connecting various business processes and making information easily accessible for different parts of the team.
Taking into account a variety of challenges the energy enterprise can face, SCAND came up with an ERP system that delivers real-time information, streamlines operations, increases profitability, and customer satisfaction. The solution we delivered helped our client to efficiently perform on the energy market for more than 19 years and still works for the enterprise’s success.