The task was to develop fast and lightweight web-based software for the management and support of various insurance activities as well as provide a convenient tool to process data, with the graphical visualization included. SCAND development team considered React and Redux the most suitable tools for that.
- Quick creation of initial requests.
- Possibility to organize different workflows based on the country regulation.
- Configurable dashboard.
- History changes/revisions.
- Statistics presented in charts and diagrams.
- Customized reports generation.
- Possibility to export reports in PDF, MS Word formats.
- Easy mobile access to the information.
- Single interface for all devices.
The use of React, Redux and DevTools gave the opportunity to reduce the development time and improve the quality of the product, as most of the errors could be corrected yet on the stage of its development with the help of ‘hot reloading’ and ‘time travel’.
Using this approach the engineers could return the project to its previous state and re-run the corrected code without reloading the entire application. Since the application is based on Redux, the data flows between the system components more easily and intuitively, making it easier to support the system in the whole and reduce the risks of mistreating the code by other developers. The bundle of Node and Express can simultaneously handle a huge number of connections with high bandwidth, as well as create needed CRUD functionality in the shortest possible time.
- The usage of MongoDB, as a document-oriented database, was chosen due to the nature and the format of the data insurance business operates.
- The unified system allows managing company resources (clients, agents, and products based on customized policies) easily.
- The usage of the template sets for insurance workflow process allows delegating permissions and responsibilities to a particular user stepwise.
- The Automatic system helps to calculate all benefits and risks and experience their change depending on different parameters.
Lightweight web-based software to manage and support various insurance activities.
SCAND team developed a flexible and easy-to-use system to facilitate business process management in the sphere of various insurance activities processes (e.g. purchase and risk management of life insurance, examination procedures, risk-focused framework, insurance sales activities, and other).