While visiting our website or using our products or services you may provide us with your personal data that you consciously disclose. Also, our website uses information collected on an aggregate basis, as you and other visitors browse our website.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information you provide to us by filling in forms on our website (e.g. by requesting the information about our products or services);
- information you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters;
- information you provide to us when submitting your CV (including your contact information);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through this website (including correspondence with us, communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
- information that is required to obtain trial or commercial license of our products or otherwise become a registered user of our products or services;
- any other personal data that you choose to send to us (i.e. the personal data of a candidate to work who you want to refer);
- information about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths).
Use of Information Collected
Personal data collected by Scand with may be used by Scand for a wide range of purposes:
- to inform you of new products and services we will be providing,
- communication about past, current or future projects,
- feedback and/or editorial purposes,
- marketing and market research,
- license generation,
- payment processing,
- customer support,
- statistical analysis,
- to record your consent to Scand Ltd to obtain and store your personal data.
Personalizing and identifying information, such as names, postal and email addresses, phone numbers, and other individual information voluntarily provided by visitors to Scand Ltd. may be added to its databases and used for future telephone calls and correspondence.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
The information collected through third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Yandex Metrics can be used to carry out statistical analysis of customer behavior, for software development, for content improvement or customization.
Like many other commercial websites, Scand website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Data collected through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and any websites visited just before and just after visiting our own website.
You can opt-out of cookies in your browser anytime, however, please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of our website if you disable them.
Third Party Analytics Software
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information which we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Links to other websites
Third-Party Cloud Services
To enable the access of our products to the required cloud-based services, the users will explicitly confirm the corresponding Privacy Policies of such services (such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft and etc.).
No Information is Disclosed to Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal data. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our own site policies, or protect our or other parties’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes.
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and privacy laws in other countries provide certain rights for data subjects.
You have a right to access and rectify the record of your personal data maintained by Scand Ltd. You are allowed to revoke your consent and request that the Scand erase your personal data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also request that Scand Ltd. ceases to use your data for direct marketing purposes. You have a right to file a complaint with the data protection authority if you have concerns about how the Scand processes your personal data. When technically feasible, Scand will at your request provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller.
If access cannot be provided within a reasonable timeframe, Scand will provide you with a date when the information will be provided.
You may also request information on: the purpose of data processing, the categories of personal data, what the source of the information was, and how long it will be stored.
If you wish to execute any of these rights or have any questions concerning our personal data policy, please contact our Data protection officer at GDPR@scand.com at any time.
Retaining personal data
Your personal data is stored by Scand on its servers, and on the servers of the cloud-based database management services Scand utilizes.
Personal data that we are processing based on your consent will be kept for an unlimited period of time or until the consent is revoked, unless demanded by applicable legal requirements and presuming that it is necessary for the purpose of processing.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain information and documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if the information/documents are relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
We have implemented strict security procedures to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information provided by our customers and website visitors. SCAND has been certified according to the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 information security management standard and uses its methods for handling confidential information. For example, all our employees are required to certify in writing that they accept confidential nature of personal information and the importance of keeping it secure.
You should be aware, however, that the transmission of information via the Internet and other electronic media creates certain security risks, and that we can give no guarantee of the safety of information transmitted to us by these means.