- Web App Development
- Desktop App Development
- Mobile App Development
- Cloud Application Development
- Staff Augmentation Services
- IT Outsourcing Services
- Embedded Software Development
- UX/UI Services
- DevOps Services
- QA Services
- Contact us
10 Industries Embracing AR/VR
Although AR/VR technologies are mainly associated with the entertainment industry, they have considerable potential for being used in a much wider range of areas. The truth is that AR/VR could be applied everywhere from healthcare and education to aerospace, and here are just 10 examples of how these innovative techs transform the accustomed world. Make sure you read our blog post on uses of VR & AR in business, disclosing their benefits, real business applications and sharing some use case ideas.
Both augmented and virtual reality software is used to enhance the process of learning, making it more enjoyable and, what is more important, highly efficient. Augmented, mixed or virtual reality in the classroom can be used to:
- learn through playing virtual or augmented reality games;
- create stronger educational experiences through visualization of the material;
- conduct classes with virtual guided tours;
- practice skills in a close to the real-life and real-time environment.
Healthcare is one of those fields that is significantly benefiting from AR/VR technologies. They can be used for a great variety of purposes, including:
- virtual reality therapy;
- treatment of psychological traumas;
- treatment of phobias where AR/VR are used as a means of exposure therapy;
- rehabilitation and wound care (ex.: for burn victims);
- treatment of phantom limb pain where AR/VR is replacing a mirror therapy;
- training medical students and interns, practicing and creating plans before surgeries.
AR/VR technologies are significantly changing the way customers interact with the world. Today, both virtual reality and augmented reality in retail can enhance the customers’ experience by allowing to:
- virtually try on clothes and shoes visiting virtual fitting rooms or looking in the mirror with incorporated AR/VR technologies;
- experience any products or services in the privacy of their own homes simply by using AR/VR mobile apps, which can be seen as virtual reality stores;
- use the products with implemented AR/VR technologies that unlock after a customer takes a required action ( for ex.: allows a webcam to read the embedded code).
Air and space were among the first areas where both augmented and virtual reality experiences allowed and still allow:
- solving problems pilots may have in the cockpit;
- training pilots for severe weather conditions;
- training astronauts for spacewalks.
For good reason, one of the most prospective areas where AR/VR technologies are flourishing is marketing. Today there is no better way to generate interest, excitement and a strong memory for a brand than promoting it with the help of the latest technologies. Augmented, mixed or virtual reality in marketing are used to:
- attract the public’s attention to any sort of product by providing potential customers with the ability to see its virtual prototype;
- highlight the best features of products by providing potential customers with the closest to the real-life experience of using them;
- provide brand awareness by using the latest technologies such as AR/VR, which are helpful in attracting potential customers;
- straight up sell ads and many more.
#6 Journalism and Publishing
AR/VR technologies are significantly changing the face of journalism and publishing by providing the ability to:
- tell journalistic stories with the ability to offer real-life and real-time experience;
- bring readers to the places mentioned in a narrative;
- deepen the understanding of published materials and the events.
When it comes to traveling, AR/VR solutions that represent some kind of a journey themselves can be used for a variety of purposes. They can:
- help potential travelers to decide on what place to visit;
- teleport travelers from one place to another in a few seconds;
- provide some important information about the culture and language of unfamiliar countries;
- help travelers to decide on which tourist attractions they want to visit;
- prepare travelers for a journey and many more.
#8 Real estate
With the implementation of AR/VR technologies in the field of real estate, both potential clients and real estate agents are able to:
- look around the rooms without leaving their home or office;
- get an idea about the property and surrounding infrastructure;
- see how furniture will fit with the interior;
- plan the layout of the apartments.
#9 Skilled Trades
When it comes to skilled trades, both AR and VR technologies allow increasing the ef