Top Outsourcing Companies in Poland
Software outsourcing has become a widespread practice among various businesses. It allows them to develop robust, consistent, and cost-efficient software solutions without sacrificing quality.
Poland is one of the top-rated outsourcing destinations in Europe. In this article, we will explore why Poland has become one of the leading countries for IT outsourcing and where to find the best IT service vendor in this country.
Why Outsourcing Software Development to Poland?
Let’s clear up what benefits outsourcing development to Poland may bring to your business.
- It’s cost-effective. Software development outsourcing allows businesses to cut from 30% to 60% of their operational costs, eliminating expenses on hiring in-house specialists and providing them with the necessary working conditions.
- It’s more effective. When cooperating with an outsourcing team, you can focus on your core business activities, delegating all the development tasks to the experienced software service provider.
- It’s time-efficient. It takes less time for an outsourcing provider to deliver the product to the market. They possess a pool of experienced developers with relevant expertise and the ability to scale up the team to meet tight deadlines.
Why It’s a Good Idea to Research IT Companies in Poland
Although a decade ago, Poland was mostly unknown in the IT sphere, nowadays, it has become one of the most attractive outsourcing destinations among the US and Western European companies. Let’s see the main reasons why:
- Talent Pool. According to the SkillValue Report, Poland has received 3rd place globally among the countries with the best developers. Its talent pool comprises around 400,000 IT professionals who take top ranks in the most popular programming competitions, such as the Central European Programming Contest (CEPC), Microsoft Imagine Cup, and others.
- Geographical proximity. Poland, a member state of the European Union, is located in the center of Europe, which makes it a nearshore destination with significant benefits. It isn’t very different from other European countries. Thus, it’s easier to establish efficient client-vendor communication. What is more, when it comes to face-to-face business meetings, the flight to most European cities won’t take more than 2-3 hours.
- Educational background. Poland has a high level of education focused on STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics). There are 18 technical universities with around 17,000 graduates every year. It allows the country to boost the growth of the IT industry in general.
- English proficiency. According to the EF, Poland has a high English proficiency index. It means that Polish developers have a good command of English and can easily communicate with clients. Moreover, most IT specialists in Poland can also speak some other widespread European languages (German, Spanish, French, etc).
- Compliance with security regulations. Poland is a member of the EU. Thus, when outsourcing to this country, you can be sure about the high level of data security protection since all the local companies must comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Cost-efficiency. The Labor costs in Poland are significantly lower than in most Western European countries or in the USA, which makes it an attractive location to outsource software development projects.
Where to Find the Best Software Development Companies in Poland?
Poland’s major IT hubs are in Warsaw, Krakow, and Wroclaw.
- Warsaw is the capital of Poland, with over 85,000 high-skilled IT specialists and well-developed infrastructure. Warsaw houses Research and Development (R&D) centers for tech giants such as Microsoft, Samsung, IBM, and others.
- Krakow hosts the biggest number of software developers. Moreover, it is a cultural and educational center of Poland. The best technical universities, such as the Tadeusz Kosciuszko University of Technology and the Jagiellonian University, are located here. Moreover, since Krakow houses fewer R&D centers than Warsaw, it’s easie