How to Hire .Net Developers in Poland
When it comes to software development, the .Net framework is one of the universal solutions to build both desktop, web, cloud, IoT, or mobile applications.
.Net has proven to be a performant, stable, and agile framework with simple customization and quick turnaround time over a number of years.
However, finding the right .Net development specialists can be quite complicated, especially if the search is narrowed down to the local market. Therefore, many companies start looking for highly-qualified specialists not only in their area but also in various outsourcing locations like Eastern Europe, Latin America, India, etc.
Today, Poland is considered to be one of the top outsourcing destinations worldwide that has more than 400,000 IT professionals available which accounts for one of the largest IT talent pools in Europe.
In this article, we’ll closely look at what skills .Net developers should possess and how to hire the best .Net developers in Poland.
Why Choose .Net Framework?
In simple terms, the .Net framework is used for building software solutions of any kind, including desktop Windows-based apps, web-based apps, and mobile iOS and Android apps. Also, .Net is often used for the creation of IoT, Big Data, Machine Learning solutions, Game Development, and many others.
Apart from the .Net framework itself, .Net developers also utilize high-level programming languages compatible with the framework – Visual Basic, C#, F#, and others.
Microsoft has thought out everything for building and deploying effective and performant software quickly with the .Net framework. It provides software developers with Visual Studio – one of the best .Net development IDEs for quick software creation and its own Azure cloud with various services where .Net developers can quickly roll out their apps.
Other tools provided by Microsoft for convenient .Net development are GUI desktop applications library WinForm, ASP.NET – a compatible with .Net web framework, ADO.NET – database access technology, Xamarin – an open-source cross-platform UI framework for building iOS, Android, and Windows apps from a single, shared codebase, and others.
A well-established ecosystem for efficient software development isn’t the only reason why many software developers opt for .Net. Some other advantages are:
- Cost-effectiveness – .Net is an open-source software development platform that doesn’t have any licensing costs. Moreover, it provides free development tools for building apps of any kind.
- Cross-platform development – with .Net software developers can build a wide range of apps – web, desktop, and mobile apps for various operating systems, IoT solutions, console applications, AI-based solutions, and many others.
- Simple to deploy and maintain apps – a set of .Net tools allows software developers to build apps with a modular design that are simple to fix and deploy. It means that the developers can fix or upgrade only those app parts that they really need instead of reworking the entire application. This helps significantly reduce the problem-solving and upgrading time and improve the developed solutions’ uptime.
- Large community – .Net has a large community of developers who are assisting each other with any technical questions. Moreover, Microsoft broadly supports all its products and provides software developers with detailed manuals and explanations stored and updated on their website.
Must-Have Skill Set For .NET Developers
When hiring a .Net developer, it’s essential to understand what skills .Net developers should possess and what level of expertise is required for the project.
Software developers are usually divided into three main levels – junior, middle, and senior. Here are the skills .Net developers should have to meet one of these levels.
Junior .Net Developers
A junior .Net candidate should have general software development skills and knowledge of the .Net basic technologies. They usually include:
- Good knowledge of C# or any other .Net-related programming languages.
- Ability to read, write, and modify the developed app code.
- Solid understanding of how to work with IDEs, e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio, Rider, or others.
- Proficiency with the .Net framework and the most common libraries.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Have strong communication skills and the English language proficiency for communication with team members and customers.
- Code error fixing knowledge.
- Great time-management skills.
Junior developers rarely work alone on the project and are often supported and supervised by middle and senior developers. Mainly they work with small and less complicated tasks.
Middle .Net Developers
Middle .Net developers usually have 2-3 years of experience working with the .Net framework and other software development instruments provided by Microsoft. Apart from everything that a junior .Net developer should know, middle developers should also possess the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of .Net libraries and .Net frameworks such as ASP.NET, WinForm, LINQ, Xamarin/Mono, .Net Core, and others.
- Ability to organize code, perform effective code testing and error fixing.
- Ability to select and apply the most effective .Net tools for building software applications.
Middle-level .Net developers can already work independently and can build moderate complexity