How to Hire .Net Developers in Poland
When it comes to software development, the .Net framework is one of the universal solutions to build both desktop, web, cloud, IoT, or mobile applications.
.Net has proven to be a performant, stable, and agile framework with simple customization and quick turnaround time over a number of years.
However, finding the right .Net development specialists can be quite complicated, especially if the search is narrowed down to the local market. Therefore, many companies start looking for highly-qualified specialists not only in their area but also in various outsourcing locations like Eastern Europe, Latin America, India, etc.
Today, Poland is considered to be one of the top outsourcing destinations worldwide that has more than 400,000 IT professionals available which accounts for one of the largest IT talent pools in Europe.
In this article, we’ll closely look at what skills .Net developers should possess and how to hire the best .Net developers in Poland.
Why Choose .Net Framework?
In simple terms, the .Net framework is used for building software solutions of any kind, including desktop Windows-based apps, web-based apps, and mobile iOS and Android apps. Also, .Net is often used for the creation of IoT, Big Data, Machine Learning solutions, Game Development, and many others.
Apart from the .Net framework itself, .Net developers also utilize high-level programming languages compatible with the framework – Visual Basic, C#, F#, and others.
Microsoft has thought out everything for building and deploying effective and performant software quickly with the .Net framework. It provides software developers with Visual Studio – one of the best .Net development IDEs for quick software creation and its own Azure cloud with various services where .Net developers can quickly roll out their apps.
Other tools provided by Microsoft for convenient .Net development are GUI desktop applications library WinForm, ASP.NET – a compatible with .Net web framework, ADO.NET – database access technology, Xamarin – an open-source cross-platform UI framework for building iOS, Android, and Windows apps from a single, shared codebase, and others.
A well-established ecosystem for efficient software development isn’t the only reason why many software developers opt for .Net. Some other advantages are:
- Cost-effectiveness – .Net is an open-source software development platform that doesn’t have any licensing costs. Moreover, it provides free development tools for building apps of any kind.
- Cross-platform development – with .Net software developers can build a wide range of apps – web, desktop, and mobile apps for various operating systems, IoT solutions, console applications, AI-based solutions, and many others.
- Simple to deploy and maintain apps – a set of .Net tools allows software developers to build apps with a modular design that are simple to fix and deploy. It means that the developers can fix or upgrade only those app parts that they really need instead of reworking the entire application. This helps significantly reduce the problem-solving and upgrading time and improve the developed solutions’ uptime.
- Large community – .Net has a large community of developers who are assisting each other with any technical questions. Moreover, Microsoft broadly supports all its products and provides software developers with detailed manuals and explanations stored and updated on their website.
Must-Have Skill Set For .NET Developers
When hiring a .Net developer, it’s essential to understand what skills .Net developers should possess and what level of expertise is required for the project.
Software developers are usually divided into three main levels – junior, middle, and senior. Here are the skills .Net developers should have to meet one of these levels.
Junior .Net Developers
A junior .Net candidate should have general software development skills and knowledge of the .Net basic technologies. They usually include:
- Good knowledge of C# or any other .Net-related programming languages.
- Ability to read, write, and modify the developed app code.
- Solid understanding of how to work with IDEs, e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio, Rider, or others.
- Proficiency with the .Net framework and the most common libraries.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Have strong communication skills and the English language proficiency for communication with team members and customers.
- Code error fixing knowledge.
- Great time-management skills.
Junior developers rarely work alone on the project and are often supported and supervised by middle and senior developers. Mainly they work with small and less complicated tasks.
Middle .Net Developers
Middle .Net developers usually have 2-3 years of experience working with the .Net framework and other software development instruments provided by Microsoft. Apart from everything that a junior .Net developer should know, middle developers should also possess the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of .Net libraries and .Net frameworks such as ASP.NET, WinForm, LINQ, Xamarin/Mono, .Net Core, and others.
- Ability to organize code, perform effective code testing and error fixing.
- Ability to select and apply the most effective .Net tools for building software applications.
Middle-level .Net developers can already work independently and can build moderate complexity projects under the supervision of senior developers or a team lead.
Senior .Net Developers
Any software development project that requires a team of developers should have at least one senior developer. Senior developers usually have extensive technical knowledge in their sphere and also can see the business aspects and requirements of the project. This way, senior developers know which tools they should use to effectively meet the project deadlines or cut down the development costs.
Senior .Net developer skills usually include:
- Proficiency in web, desktop, or mobile .Net development.
- Strong debugging skills, the performance of automated unit testing.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, DevOps, and other development. methodologies and how to work with them in practice.
- Be well-versed in app architecture patterns.
- Possess strong management and organizational skills.
Senior developers often become the leaders and supervisors on a project. They keep an eye on junior developers, give advice to middle developers, monitor the overall project workflow, and also build the most complex parts of the product.
Steps In Hiring .NET Developers in Poland
Finding and hiring the .Net developers who would entirely match your expectations can be rather time-consuming. There are several steps you can take to accelerate this process. Here are the steps that you can take.
Decide on the Cooperation Model
Simplify your .Net developer searching process by defining the type of cooperation you actually need. You can hire in-house specialists, opt for freelancers, or outsource.
- Freelancers are a great option for small short-term projects that can do with one or two developers. Hiring a team of freelancers can be quite problematic – as you will need to unite them into a team and organize the team-management process. Moreover, freelancers can have varying proficiency levels and knowledge and, therefore, simply won’t match each other to make a team.
- The in-house option is a viable solution for tech-focused organizations that want to establish their own IT department. This type of cooperation involves the development of a unique project where each specialist has to be deeply involved in the development process. Such projects usually require much time to find the right specialists and budget as companies will have to organize the facilities and equipment, and comply with all the regulatory issues and taxes.
- Outsourcing is the most viable option for businesses that want to develop their own digital solution in a short time, for a reasonable price, using a team of IT professionals. Not only do non-tech companies opt for outsourcing, but often tech startups and businesses hire outsourcing specialists to add some tech expertise to their software development projects.
Search for Developers at the Right Place
There is a wide range of outsourcing destinations around the world, though not all of them can boast of affordable prices and great quality of the resulting product.
If you’re considering outsourcing your software development then Poland is highly likely to be one of the most attractive options for you. That’s because this country has a solid tech community and an extensive pool of software developers who largely work in the international outsourcing market for many years.
Meanwhile, there are several outsourcing destinations in Poland itself. The major outsourcing cities in Poland to look for .Net developers are Warsaw, Wroclaw, Krakow, and Katowice. Although Warsaw has the highest density of software specialists and the largest number of international tech companies, you can still try other cities.
Create Your Project Requirements
Now, as you’ve defined your cooperation model and outsourcing destination, it’s time to think of your project. The more detailed your project idea will be the easier it’ll be for you to explain it to your development team.
For this, think of your product requirements and objectives. For example, what problems your solution will solve and who is going to use it, what features are essential for your product, what other tools and frameworks besides .Net your project should involve, if time-to-market is essential for your product and you need to build an MVP, and others.
A carefully completed product outline will help you to find the right .Net team that matches your project requirements well much faster.
Evaluate the Candidates
To make sure that you hire a reliable .Net development team that can develop a successful solution, you should pay close attention to several aspects of each software development candidate:
- Business website is the representation of the candidate company. Browse through the company’s site and learn more about it – its software development experience, the sphere of expertise, certification, cooperation conditions, and more. This way, you’ll be able to decide if this company is worth your attention and if yes, you’ll be better prepared for the interview with the candidate.
- Case-studies. Search for similar to your project case studies and technologies the company uses. You’ll make sure that the company is able to develop your digital solution and it’ll also help you explain your project idea to the potential candidate by using their own examples.
- Feedback – previous customer feedback is a valuable source of information about the candidate company. Find the company’s feedback on relevant websites or its own business site. It’s also worth calling or writing straight to the candidates’ ex-customers to ask more about the company.
Hold Face-To-Face Interviews
As you’re ready with a short list of potential candidates, it’s time to hold face-to-face interviews and find your software development partner. For this, get prepared in advance. You could make a list of technical and non-technical questions to find out more about each candidate you’ll add to your software development team.
Here is a list of example questions to ask .Net developers:
- How do you handle problems during project development?
- Do you prefer working alone or in a team? Why?
- How is communication organized on your projects?
- What apps do you use to keep your customers updated with the project changes?
The .Net is a popular software development framework used for building modern and robust solutions for businesses from various industry niches. However, finding and hiring .Net developers can be challenging. Businesses should know the kind of specialists they require and where to search for them.
Many companies turn to Poland when seeking suitable specialists for their projects. That’s because Poland offers an extensive pool of IT outsourcing talents with various tech stacks, including .Net.
Our company provides outstanding .Net developers from Poland for any kind of software development projects worldwide. We’re ready to help you find the best .Net experts that would closely match your business and project requirements.