SCAND possesses extensive knowledge and experience in web application development. We do our utmost to be aware of and use cutting edge and promising technologies, one of them being the Grails framework.
We implemented our first application using Grails 0.4.4 in 2007 for one of our customers. Ever since that time Grails has seen considerable improvement. During the same period, we have implemented several dozens of applications using this framework. Some of them are intended for our customers, other are used for our own needs. Some of the web applications we developed are enterprise level applications having complex structure and logic.
Grails is an Open Source framework and SCAND takes an active part in its elaboration and support. Our developers not only inform of the bugs found but also create and send patches to fix them. Apart from this, substantial contribution made by SCAND programmers to development and support of such Grails plug-ins as Grailsflow and Weceem is worth mentioning.
The experience we have accumulated enables us to develop web applications of almost any level of complexity (including embedding of complex customizable workflows, CMS, schedulers, etc.) and to do this much quicker as compared to the time spent while using other Java-based frameworks.
The SCAND team has extensive experience in using Groovy and Grails for developing web projects of diverse complexity. Let’s have a look at the most outstanding ones.
E-Commerce Search Algorithm Solution
The SCAND team was requested to build an easy customizable eCommerce marketplace solution for European companies. Our team developed a web solution with more than 10 customization versions and more than 50 standard installations. The developed solution can:
- place products in the application’s catalogue for buyers to see them;
- search for the required products by scrolling through the catalogue;
- use filters to find certain products faster;
- perform full-text search, and other options.
To successfully complete this project, the SCAND web development team built a special feature that helps to create and support marketplaces. Moreover, the developers had to implement the access via web services, OCI, and Ariba protocols to alleviate communication of business documents between various e-Commerce applications, including procurement systems, supply chain services, buyers, and others.
As a result, our customer received a stable eCommerce software which can quickly search a wide range of products using different parameters or full-text and which can be easily adjusted to diverse eCommerce systems.
Online Sports Betting Platform
The SCAND team had to develop a web platform for making bets online. The application had to gather and display the data on the past, ongoing, and upcoming sports events. Therefore, the system had to handle high loads on the server and client sides.
Our team rose to the challenge and developed a clever strategy, they:
- put together all the data the users were highly likely to search, including the results of the past matches, schedules of upcoming events, statistics, betting odds and their changes in real-time;
- added diverse kinds of sports from football to hockey, to chess, and even dog racing;
- embedded the option of making bets without the necessity to visit bookmaker’s offices.
Our customer was satisfied with the robust and multifunctional solution that involved all the necessary functionality and data for convenient betting and tracking the latest sports news. As a result, the platform attracted many sports and cyber sports lovers and continues to be a popular application among them.
Microservices-Based Taxi App
One of our development experiences was to build a platform for a taxi service. The customer wanted the platform to perform standard functionality such as taxi ordering, cab tracking, payment processing, sending notifications, and leaving commentaries by the service users. One of the requirements was to develop a cross-platform solution so that it could run as a web application or as a smartphone app.
Having studied all the requirements, our development team decided to build a web solution that could fit all the platforms. That’s how they did it:
- the team decomposed the task into several components such as passenger management, driver management, trip management, dispatcher, payments, notifications, and billing;
- then the team made the decision to build the platform using microservices architecture as it allowed them to add each functionality as an independent unit. All the units communicated with each other with the help of APIs using REST and JSON messaging formats;
- finally, our team used Grails 3 to connect all the services into a coherent and logical system. With this framework our developers also used Groovy language to accelerate the development process and Java with Spring Boot to ensure high performance of the platform.
As a result, our customer received a cross-platform and robust solution which can be simply scaled in the future as the service gains more users.
E-Commerce Software to Support Market Places
Having much experience in developing e-Commerce solutions, our team took up a new challenge of developing an advanced e-Commerce customizable software for creating and supporting market places.
The main requirements were:
- easy data import and export;
- ability to convert data in various formats without the necessity to access databases;
- possibility to define business rules to control the process of data transformation.
For this case our software development team used Java, Groovy, Spring, Hibernate, and some other tools to build an effective web solution. These tools allowed building complex business logics that could control the process of data transformation and providing a complete workflow management that corresponded to the real business workflow of the customer’s company.
As a result, our team could develop a multifunctional solution that could work in a single or multi-tenant mode and suited big and small e-Commerce companies.
The SCAND software developers have vast experience in utilizing Grails in the app development. Our web development teams have worked with customers from the EU and the US and built high-quality and productive digital solutions for various businesses, including Gaming, Taxi services, eCommerce, and others.