Open-source library to help iOS developers and testers track bugs easier
TouchZ soothes app-testers' black-letter days and at the same time helps developers to get a better insight into what's the real nature of the bug the testers bump into.
Some bugs are impossible to track: testers do catch them but lack understanding of what caused the bug stepwise. Sometimes they are unable to take a screenshot of the malfunction found because the app quits unexpectedly. TouchZ is here to help testers and developers, being an integral thread between these two worlds.
TouchZ Key Features
The main value of our library is that it optimizes time and efforts spent to test mobile applications and helps app developers get a better idea of how bugs occur.
- Screenshots have additional information on the date when they were taken.
- Screenshots show your tap activity. In the picture you see an arrow showing the gesture performed.
Requires iOS 8.0 or higher.
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
How It Works
The library we developed is integrated into your iOS project and is ready to use. If your app is active and being tested, it evokes screenshots being taken automatically. This feature is activated by the particular activity of your app: tap on the screen or any other gesture. Screenshots are not taken nonstop, because our developers don’t want your phone memory overfilled with an immense number of pictures.
Any time during the app testing period you could organize and send all or some of the screenshots to developers through:
- sharing or export the archive with the shots to other programs.
To get access to the archive or TouchZ settings draw Z on the screen. Then simply pick up the shots and press “Share”.
How to Integrate
- Add line ‘pod ‘TouchZ’ to Podfile in your project.
- Run ‘pod install’ from Terminal.
- Replace principalClassName argument (nil by default) with @’TZApplication’ in main.m file of the project.
In case you need it under another (for example, commercial) license, please contact us using the contact form below. Commercial support is available as well.