How To Hire PHP Developers in Poland
PHP has been and still remains the most rational and popular choice for web development. In 2021, PHP empowers 79.1% of the world’s websites and is ranked among the top 10 most popular programming languages in the world.
What makes PHP so attractive when it comes to creating web solutions? It’s simple to learn, runs on almost any web server, has an extensive number of frameworks, and can boast of a tremendously large community.
Many web developers agree that PHP is easy to pick up, however, to build robust and effective PHP web solutions you might need a real professional. In this article, you’ll find out what is included in a PHP programmer skill set and how to hire top PHP developers for your web app development.
What Are the Roles and Responsibilities of a PHP Developer?
PHP developers have an expensive range of responsibilities and tasks in web development projects. They usually include but not limited to:
- development and deployment of web apps efficiently, meeting all the deadlines;
- handling compatibility issues including various platforms, browsers, or software program versions;
- cooperating with all the project stakeholders and working in a team on app development according to the product requirements;
- adding new features to the existing apps or scaling them up;
- provision apps’ support and their timely updates;
- improving their skills and keeping up with the latest and most advanced programming practices and technologies.
The Main Skills of a PHP Developer
Those businesses that want to hire PHP programmers but don’t know where to start should first define proficiency levels for their candidates. These levels can be divided into three categories.
Beginners are just making their first steps in PHP development. They know the programming language basis and can develop some functionalities. Usually, beginners work well in teams – they have a chance to study while being supervised by their more experienced colleagues.
Beginner-level PHP developers suit well for simple and medium-sized projects. They have low development rates and can be hired for fulfilling some monotonous work.
Basic beginner’s skill set includes:
- PHP and HTML programming languages;
- main PHP functions and MVC design pattern;
- working with Content management systems (CMS);
- knowing one of the major PHP frameworks.
Mid-levels already have some development projects in their portfolios and can build effective web apps. These developers are quite autonomous and can work on an app without explicit monitoring.
Mid-level developer’s skill set is:
- knowledge of more than one PHP frameworks, like CodeIgniter, Laravel, or CakePHP;
- analysis of product requirements;
- implementation of various databases;
- adding back-end features for improved app performance;
- code troubleshooting;
- implementation of object-oriented programming (OOP) in PHP;
- following some development standards, like Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY) for easy code refactoring and debugging.
PHP experts work in specific areas, using the latest web development technologies and practices. They can analyze product requirements well and suggest how to make it more effective and secure. Besides that, they can give advice on which features to add to your app, and how to improve product source code.
Experts’ skill set involves:
- knowledge of the most PHP frameworks;
- expertise in advanced technology, like PHP for IoT, Blockchain, Machine learning, and other solutions.
Where to Hire a Dedicated PHP Developer in Poland?
As you’ve defined the type and number of PHP developers you need for building a successful product, it’s time to search for them. There are several sources for hiring PHP developers in Poland, the main ones are:
- PHP developer networks
PHP has a well-established community that helps its members to solve tough project issues or shares ready-made features and programming solutions. These communities unite PHP developers with various levels of expertise and experience. The most widespread of them include Github, PHP forums such as CodeProject, CodeGuru, and others.
- Freelance sites and portals
There is a wide range of specialized sites and portals that offer freelance PHP development services. Freelance developers work great for small and short-term projects which require developing some app functionality without much wrapping in the whole project. Major freelance platforms include Upwork, Freelancer, Toptal, and others.
- IT outsourcing company in Poland
Poland has more than 640 software development companies and more than 60K professional developers and IT experts which makes it attractive for large-scale development projects. Many IT companies in Poland provide businesses with experienced PHP developers in Warsaw, Wroclaw, Poznan, Gdansk, Krakow. They offer custom development of e-commerce solutions, procurement management systems, social network development, HRM, E-learning, logistics, and many other solutions.
When cooperating with a software development company, businesses obtain a team of professionals who can build even the most sophisticated infrastructures. Moreover, these companies often provide full-stack PHP developers for creating full-featured, robust, and secure web apps.
Technical Questions to Check the PHP Developer’s Capabilities
To define the level of PHP developers’ expertise, business managers usually check out their reviews on freelance platforms or PHP development company’s sites. However, nothing works better than a face-to-face interview. For an effective interview with PHP candidates, you need a list of questions and a well-organized video conference.
A list of questions for a hiring interview with PHP developers:
- What is your practical experience in PHP development? What projects have you participated in?
These questions will help you to identify the working experience of a candidate and understand their skill level.