Digital Signage Software for Advertising
Advanced digital signage solution displays multilevel promotional media on LCD screens.
The goal of the project was to develop digital signage software for advertising based on a wide range of document formats. It could be used for outdoor (billboard) advertising. LCD screens (digital TV, payment terminals, etc.) are placed in hotels, airports, supermarkets, public transport, and other public places.
- Advertising screens are connected to the customer’s PC and the traffic between the PC and the server is minimized.
- The player app is written in C++, that’s why the workload is minimized.
- Our own lightweight PHP-MVC framework was used on the server side.
- The user interface is designed to be simple and easy-to-use.
- The system provides the ability of fine-tuning.
PHP and C++ technologies were used to create the solution. The developed software could be utilized with the minimal workload on the customer’s computer and allows it to operate without access to the Internet or in the conditions of poor Internet connection.
- OpenOffice API was used to create an extended system with the support of different promotional data input formats.
- Client utility has a minimal set of functions, as all the calculations are done on the server side and implemented in PHP.
- The system is able to operate without access to the Internet for a long time, using some materials and the special command file be previously downloaded.
This solution displays multilevel promotional media on LCD screens.
SCAND team developed the digital signage solution which can display multilevel promotional media on LCD screens using a lightweight PC with Linux on board. The solution supports a wide range of document formats (pictures, video, flash, etc.). The developers working on this project possess advanced skills in Linux, PHP, and C++.