LessonDesk - effective presentation software solution
Development Environment: Qt Creator / Microsoft Visual Studio
Technology: C/C++, Qt Framework
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux based platforms, Mac OS
According to customer requirements Scand developed a crossplatform software as a powerful presentation tool for interactive screens (interactive whiteboard). This solution can be used in a variety of settings, including classrooms at all levels of education in order to engage and motivate students, corporate board rooms and work groups, training rooms for professional sports coaching, broadcasting studios and others.
- We extended Qt functionality for this project specific purposes;
- Each object type has a set of features available only to this object type;
- We modified Qt framework source code to achieve full compatibility, used QtSolutions, QtMultimediaKit from QtMobility for correct audio/video content operation in HTML 5;
- We implemented own method of drawing widgets with QPainter;
- We applied flexible styles hierarchy by using Qt Style Sheets (css, qss files).
- Qt used as a crossplatform library;
- The solution has the same form and the same functionality under the 3 major operating systems Windows, MAC OS, Linux;
- The main application part is based on QGraphicsScene/QGraphicsView;
- Presentation is stored in the internal file format;
- During the presentation its content can be changed;
- Presentation can be imported/exported into PDF and CFF files;
- The application is running in Desktop Mode. The main window is "transparent" and allows user to interact with the desktop environment of the operating system used DnD;
- The user is able to enter text via pad/mouse through platform independent virtual keyboard.
We developed a crossplatform presentation software solution with the broadest range of graphics and interactive features and high performance through the use of Qt Framework.