Sport Software Online
Development Environment: PHPStorm, SVN, SQLyog
Technology : Joomla, jQuery, Google Maps
A system for management of sport competitions was the main task of this project for our Chicago based customer. Scand team developed a software system for collecting live scores and it's processing in order to provide this information for users on-line. This solution can be used for national sports clubs to promote their sports activities, sports leagues, administrators & sports organizers.
- Possibility to use several types of competition simultaneously by using the same interface;
- Caching of views/ tables / results on the database side can increase the performance of the data access speed and reduce the server workload;
- Added possibility to track object's location (for example competitors if they have GPS) and display them on Google Maps with the ability to filter and track the history (displaying the location of objects at any time since the start of the competition and up to this point or up to the end of the competition).
- We have chosen Joomla as a content management system. The basic version of this CMS contains all the necessary elements for the site deployment. It provides high scalability through the use of third-party components and modules;
- We used a standard template for this project in which the component has been downloaded. This component organizes page content with the help of special modules (for example, a feed, competition results, news, etc.). We also used the benefits of the MVC, which is base for Joomla;
- Administrative and User parts of the application used JQuery plug-ins and other 3rd-party components, in order to reduce time on the system development, testing and introduction;
- The project provides the ability to create photo / video galleries automatically, adding them to the selected news and competition results. The galleries are created on the special page by selecting the folder containing the photo / video materials after loading them to the server (via FTP or any other protocol supported by the server);
- Additional features allow users to send the results to the selected addresses and to prepare the analytical information about the competition for further analysis.
Scand team accomplished software solution for the sport industry. Moreover we implemented technical support for the first stages of the competition, where our software was used. Currently the system is managed by the customer. It has a great potential for extension and development in future.